The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Saturday, September 21, 2002

PATRIOT UPDATE

(NOTE: As most of you probably know, before I started this blog, I was running a watch blog, keeping an eye on UC Berkeley's local clumsy student-run conservative publication, the California Patriot. The blog was tastefully named California Patriot Watch. Ok here we go...)

I just keep getting printed. First, Media Whores Online, and now the Patriot, which is the ideological polar opposite of MWO. Patriot managing editor Seth R. Norman informed me that the about-to-be-released issue will include my letter to the editor(for some reason my old blog's permalinks are being ill-behaved, it's the bottom entry on the front page).

Norman described it as their only negative letter, out of around six hundred, regarding the Patriot's stance in the 9/11 anniversary controversy at Cal. Frankly, I'm not terribly surprised by that. My hypothesis is that the majority of Berkeley's active left really don't care that much about what the Patriot-types say or do, and it took a semi-outsider like myself to provide their viewpoint. Besides, the only reason I'm involved is because I know two of the people involved with the publication from high school.

Conservative publications and websites (NewsMax, Free Republic, Lucianne.com, the Weekly Standard, and even the Patriot) tend to be enclosed societies, run both by and for conservatives, and that also provides an explanation for my lonely, solitary (sniffle) stance.

I was also happy to provide a civil contrast to the hate emails and phonecalls some of the Cal-freepers were making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home