The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, September 19, 2002

A BIT ON THE TITLE

Everyone loves a catchy, memorable or silly title for their website or their blog. (my personal favorite is Eric Alterman's "Altercation") Mine's title is "The Facts Machine", which at first seems kind of pedestrian and blah, I'd admit.

But I have my reasons:

"Facts Machine" is, of course, a little pun on "fax machine". Played? Yes. But combine it with my little descriptive blurb (left side of the page) and its meaning becomes clear: It is an ode to a misinterpretation of the initial lyric to ACDC's 1980 hit "You Shook Me All Night Long". To me, it always sounds like "she wants a fax machine", though I'm not certain if I ever really thought it was that. For me it's doubly relevant because it's a favorite song of someone special to me. As for the rest, you're on a need-to-know basis (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home